Promoted to Glory
Major Harold Eric Peterson was promoted to Glory recently from the Bayview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Alameda, Calif.
Peterson was born in 1910, in Chicago, to Emanual and Elizabeth Peterson. In 1929 the family moved to Burbank, Calif. Harold became a prominent contractor and built many homes and apartment buildings in the Burbank-Glendale area. Answering God’s call, he and his wife Nathalie left Los Angeles Congress Hall and entered the Training School, being commissioned in the Valiant Session in 1943.
Their first appointment was at the Wenatchee Corps, then to Great Falls and to Seattle Citadel. In 1957, they transferred to the Harbor Light in San Francisco, then Oakland Citadel, where he oversaw the building of the beautiful Oakland Citadel Corps, still used for Spanish and Korean Ministries. Peterson became assistant and then territorial property secretary.
In 1968 they were appointed to be territorial evangelists, a service they dearly loved. Peterson won hundreds of souls for the Lord and influenced many young people to become officers. Faithful to the end, he was still singing about his Lord and witnessing to doctors and nurses and those who entered his room.
Peterson is survived by his wife, Nathalie, of 67 years; two daughters, Lorraine Hepurn and Darlene Peterson, three brothers, five grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren.
A graveside service was held at Cypress Lawn, Colma, Calif. Lt. Colonel R. Eugene Rice (R) will officiate, with Mrs. Lt. Colonel Bunty Robinson (R) and Mr. Dave Rich giving tributes.
Expressions of sympathy may be sent to Mrs. Major Nathalie Peterson and family members at 3 Commodore Dr. #158, Emeryville CA 94608.