An invitation to learn more about anti-trafficking
By Lisa Smith, Lt. Colonel –
Human trafficking is all around us and in our own neighborhoods. This fastest-growing crime is fueled by many challenges: family break-down, pornography, poverty, entertainment culture and more. Our ignorance also plays a part for its continuing growth.
We are introducing a unique opportunity to those new to the issue of human trafficking, want to grow in their understanding and how to get involved. An Anti-Trafficking Certificate Webinar Series has been designed for you and a certificate is available with the completion of a survey.
We encourage you to participate and share this information with all those who will benefit from such training. The first step in solving a problem is recognizing the problem.
Anti-Trafficking Certificate Webinar Series: February 11, March 10, April 14 at 11 a.m. PT
The Salvation Army’s Anti-Human Trafficking Certificate is a unique opportunity for individuals who are new to the topic of human trafficking and are looking to get involved in addressing this issue through their local corps/community. This certificate provides attendees with a basic introduction to human trafficking and the provision of effective service delivery, and will build upon this foundation to equip leaders and support staff to fight human trafficking in their communities. It is a helpful tool in the initial process of identifying each community’s responsibility to recognize and respond to human trafficking.
PART 1. Tuesday, February 11 at 11 a.m. PT
- Human Trafficking 101: This webinar will be helpful in equipping staff, soldiers and volunteers to identify participants in programs and individuals receiving support from The Salvation Army who are both vulnerable to and currently experiencing human trafficking. Specifically, it will cover the federal, legal definitions of human trafficking as well as an understanding of vulnerabilities that leave some individuals at a higher risk of being recruited for trafficking and indicators that someone is already experiencing human trafficking. During this session we will also review The Salvation Army’s Rapid Response tool.
- Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6340701442707948299
PART 2. Tuesday, March 10 at 11 a.m. PT
- Anti-Trafficking Promising Practices & Holistic Services: This webinar will cover trauma-informed, person-centered service delivery and how to create safe spaces (physically and emotionally) for individuals who have experienced human trafficking. It will also cover promising practices that are helpful to consider in providing services.
- Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7755373784935169547
PART 3. Tuesday, April 14 at 11 a.m. PT
- The Salvation Army’s Fight for Freedom Response and Engagement: This webinar will unpack the four focus areas of The Salvation Army’s Fight for Freedom action plan, including: Awareness and Training, Prevention and Outreach, Survivor Services and Recovery, and Partnerships and Advocacy. We will share about our overall strategy, program models and available resources. This will create a framework for our three-part introduction to human trafficking webinar series.
- Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8530306281656857099
Please contact Major Keilah Toy at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Lt. Colonel Lisa Smith
Territorial Secretary for Program