ABOUT THE JOURNEY
Imagine a December spent savoring the true joy and awe of Christmas.
This 28-day journey is for families interested in a simple, meaningful celebration
(even if they’ve never observed Advent before).
It will help a family take an unhurried approach to the season by:
Finding the wonder, mystery and excitement of God sending his only Son, Jesus, to the world.
Connecting the celebration of today with the promises of Scripture.
Unwrapping the true gift that Christmas brings to each one of us.
Making more of the reality of who Jesus is as our source of hope, peace, joy and love.
Setting aside time to look forward to his arrival with increasing expectation.
Doing good together.
Creating meaningful memories with family this season.
NEW THIS YEAR
After signing up for the journey with an email address, we’ll send participants a simple, daily email to help guide them through Advent, starting the first Sunday of Advent, Nov. 27.
PLUS a weekly corresponding Advent Reading and Sermon Series can help you reinforce what families are learning and doing along the way. See more below!
HOW TO JOIN
Anyone is welcome to join with an email address at caringmagazine.org/advent.
If you are a corps officer or other Salvation Army ministry leader, please use the following as you see fit to invite families and reinforce the journey throughout Advent. Feel free to customize the text to your voice and start promoting this resource as of November 2022:
1. Sample email invitation.
2. Sample social media invitation and additional promo post drafts.
3. Stock imagery (New for 2022 coming soon!).
4. Customizable digital slide for Sunday announcement invitation.
5. Printed bulletin inserts and poster ~ New for 2022 to arrive to you mid-October!
- Bulletin insert general invitation (to distribute Nov. 6)
- Poster with weekly themes and link to join (to display upon arrival)
6. Sermon Series with weekly Advent readings and corresponding presentation slides based on the following themes/Scripture.
|DATE||THEME||SCRIPTURE||ADVENT GUIDE REFERENCE|
|Nov. 27||Week 1: Jesus is Hope||Exodus 3:1-12||Pages 5-6|
|Dec. 4||Week 2: Jesus is Peace||Luke 2:8-15||Pages 11-12|
|Dec. 11||Week 3: Jesus is Joy||Various||Pages 16-17|
|Dec. 18||Week 4: Jesus is Love||John 3:16-21||Pages 22-23|
|Dec. 25||Week 5: Christmas Sunday||Luke 1:26-35||n/a|
Looking for more?