Netflix is awesome. We all know it. We’ve all fallen down that dark hole where we forget what day it is and we just keep clicking and watching. But it doesn’t really give us life or get us out into the world to make a difference and make memories.
So let’s take a break from the Netflix binge with one of these 10 ideas. These are guaranteed to give you more joy, more adventure and hey, maybe even more sleep.
1. Get some creative writing done. Not the kind where you’re writing for someone else or trying to impress someone, but the kind where you’re writing for you, where you completely let go and let it spill straight from your heart to the paper.
2. Sign up for a class in real life or online. Sign up for a yoga, a dance class or one that teaches you to do something you’ve never tried before. We’re never too old or too far in to learn.
3. Set up a date with a new friend. There is something super energizing about connecting with someone with similar interests for the first time. You know the moment. The one where you think to yourself, “I have found my new bestie.” And then reign it in and tell them you’re here for them.
4. Wash those bed sheets. I mean, I didn’t want to say anything, but how long has it been? Wash those bed sheets and sleep with lavender or something.
5. Get pampered. Often what we are really looking for is a way to unwind and relax. We think Netflix is that answer, but sometimes it doesn’t work at all. So, go for a massage or get your nails done or go to a blowout bar. Feel yourself drift into relaxation-station.
6. Go somewhere you find inspiring. Sometimes the most inspiring places are the weirdest of places. Some people get inspired in the middle of the woods, while others do in the middle of the mall. Get around the things that inspire you for a couple hours, whether it be the waves or shelves upon shelves of books.
7. Spotify. iTunes. Whatever it is, organize it. You know those moments where you think, “If only I had a playlist for this!” Well, now is a great time to get organized and make some killer playlists.
8. Write down your goals and put deadlines on those babies. I am great at thinking about goals, but I don’t usually put dates on them. When I do, it kicks my butt into gear. So, your turn.
9. Send a love letter. Find a piece of paper, a notecard, a back of a receipt and write someone a love letter. Strangers, family, friends—anyone. Be the light and encouragement in the world. It only takes a moment of stepping outside of yourself.
10. Take one small step toward your dreams. Call the person. Post the blog. Start the Twitter account you’ve been avoiding. Buy the coaching session. Look up the apartments. Do the thing.
What one will you do? Tell us in the comments!