14: How to strengthen your resiliency through change with Raymundo and Thelma Jimenez
Change is tough. Especially when change follows change. That’s what Raymundo and Thelma Jimenez will tell you about their past four years—filled with marriage, three appointments as Salvation Army officers, a pandemic and a baby boy. It hasn’t always been easy, but Raymundo and Thelma say they’ve seen God working in every circumstance.
Now as corps officers in Watsonville, California, they’re on the show to share that even, maybe especially, when life serves up challenging moments, there are always opportunities to strengthen your resiliency.
Show highlights include:
- More about Raymundo and Thelma’s story.
- Some of the most challenging parts of change for them.
- What has kept them strong through those moments.
- How they’ve seen God working through it all.
- How they’ve been able to help others process change through their own experience.
- What they would say to someone who is feeling like they just can’t handle another challenging or different thing in their life.
Thank you for listening to The Comments Podcast from The Salvation Army’s Caring Magazine, a magazine for people who care. People like you. Get on the list today to get the Do Good Digest with weekly inspiration and each new episode of The Commons Podcast sent straight to your inbox.
- Follow The Commons Podcast on Instagram.
- Are you best suited to join the Fight for Good in disaster relief? Mental health? Social justice? Take our What’s Your Cause quiz and discover where you can make the biggest impact today.
- No matter how hard we try, or how much good we do—it’s his radical, unconditional love that will bring true and lasting goodness to our lives. If you’ve ever stared at the open page, not sure where to start or are wanting to read Scripture in a new way, then this is for you. Get inside the Caring Magazine Scripture Study Collection and find a suite of free, printable Bible studies to guide you through the good Word.
Listen and subscribe to The Commons Podcast now.