13: How to Support a Friend in Trauma with Laura Foley
We all go through tough moments but some of us endure moments that leave deep wounds. In this episode of The Commons Podcast, we chat with Laura Foley about her journey from wounded to redeemed. Laura, a former Salvation Army officer, is a resilient woman, a courageous mother, and an inspiration to anyone who has experienced the hard stuff. So whether you have a history of trauma or want to build up the skills to support friends going through tough times, listen in and learn.
Show highlights include:
- More about Laura Foley’s story.
- Practical ways friends showed up for her.
- What else has kept her strong in the midst of traumatic times.
- How to support and encourage single parents in your circles and communities.
- Laura’s thoughts on whether there is a stigma or awkwardness surrounding trauma.
- Her advice to anyone going through deep struggles now.
Thank you for listening to The Comments Podcast from The Salvation Army’s Caring Magazine, a magazine for people who care. People like you. Get on the list today to get the Do Good Digest with weekly inspiration and each new episode of The Commons Podcast sent straight to your inbox.
- Follow The Commons Podcast on Instagram.
- Hear this: Your story is uniquely yours. It’s the one thing you have that no one else does. And you’re the one who can tell it best. Take our free email course on how to find your voice, own your story and share it with others.
- You may think your day is too filled to the brim for anything more…but it’s in his presence that you find rest. Where you are assured God is doing a beautiful work in you. Where you find a way to love—because he first loved you. Get inside the Caring Magazine Scripture Study Collection and find a suite of free, printable Bible studies to guide you through topics from New Beginnings Through Forgiveness, to Understanding our Imago Dei or Life Hacks From David.
Listen and subscribe to The Commons Podcast now.